Monday, April 18, 2011

Treads, Trim, Faucets and Fridge


Trying to catch up on some recent progress. Piper and I installed trim on the exterior windows after painting a lime wash on the walls. It gives the facade a nice finished look and rounds out the exterior color pallet.

A accidental blunder was made beautiful with the stair treads this week. The black stain on the treads was applied too thick and allowed to without removing the excess. In an attempt to fix the problem with the orbital sander, I found myself loving the look of a distressed finish oak board. The result is a great worn patina, with the oak coming through and I can't wait to see them installed with contrasting white kicks.

Soon the sink will be installed in the kitchen and with the excitement has come the stress of trying to figure out a faucet for a 4.5 foot wide sink. Our solution is to use two faucets, side by side. I had found a pair of matching faucets several years ago at a yard sale in North Carolina. One of the earliest items we collected, the two retail at over $200 and I got them for a steal at $10 a pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment